This is one of those posts I frequently think about writing… and then move to the bottom of my priority list.
The post? An update of exciting things to guide folks to my current projects and new website.
The reason for moving it down the priority list? Because there’ve been so many damn amazing things happening that the thought of writing them in one post feels overwhelming.
Yep. So much good stuff, that I’ve felt like hiding under a rock. But, you know what? I’d celebrate you if you’d published your first coloring book. If your feature-length screenplay (that you wrote with all your heart and guts and 18 months of daily work), I’d scream from the rooftops to tell everyone who’d listen… And then I’d keep bugging the people who weren’t listening and tell them why they should.
If you started a social media account being deadset on remaining mindful and honest without losing yourself in the bullshit… And then you hit 100,000 followers? Well, I mean, I think we can assume there’d be an organic fruit basket in your future with a card and a personalized celebratory haiku.
I deserve the same treatment and celebration.
Update 1: I wrote a feature-length screenplay, End of Scene.
- It’s a story in my heart and toes that I know needs to be told.
- I’ve submitted it to multiple contests and it’s done really, really well.
- It’s currently under consideration with an LA-based producer and streaming company. Which means, it may be made into a movie sooner rather than later.
Update 2: I started doing comedic, real-talk content creation on TikTok about 18 months ago.
- I’ve worked very hard to stay grounded and not get totally swept up in the world of social media. It’s been very challenging and very rewarding.
- Many opportunities and connections have found me as a result of social media.
- I recently hit 110,000 followers.
Update 3: I created my own coloring book of hippo-blended creatures.
- It started as a point of frustration with all the unicorn-blended animals in toy sections and books. I thought, “What if I made another animal blend? What if it was HIPPOS?”
- I began this as a silly side project, one for fun and giggles. From there, it grew!
- It’s the second book I’ve published, but the first coloring book I’ve created. Also, it’s the only Jen Butler book available for purchase!
Update 4: I’m doing a REJECTION JOURNEY in 2022.
- The goal has been 22 rejections in 2022 in an effort to run right toward that which scared me (rejection) and to get over the rejection sensitivity I used to experience.
- As of the date of this post, I’m up to 12 rejections and something like 24 successes/acceptances (the latter of which wasn’t expected at all!).
- As part of the Rejection Journey, I did standup comedy in Atlanta. It was amazing. I’ll add that video to my new site soon.
- I’ve also had other people sign up for the rejection journey, and a lot of amazing opportunities and breakthroughs are happening! We’re so powerful when we face and run toward our fears!
Update 5: I have a brand new website!
- You can find me from here on out at www.jenbutlersays.com.
- I will deprecate the website you’re currently on, likely by the end of this year.
- I hope to share more frequently from my new site. It matches more of who I am and who I’m working to become.
Lots more amazing things have been happening, and I’ll be sure to share them via my online content creation platforms (TikTok, Instagram, or my new blog).
Thank you for your ongoing support over the years, even though I think maybe my only truly engaged follower is my dad. (Hi, Poops!)
That idea that whispers to you when you’re in between the sleeping and waking world? That’s the one to move toward, even if you tiptoe ever so slowly and gently. Just. Take. Action.jen butler